Know Your Tooth
- 1st Layer of Tooth: Enamel
- 2nd Layer of Tooth: Dentin
- 3rd Layer of Tooth: Pulp
- 4th thin layer covering the root portion: Cementum
- Crown- The visible part in Oral Cavity.
- Root- Invisible part which is embedded in the jaw.
- Gums or Gingiva- Pink coloured matter that surrounds and supports the teeth
Function of Teeth:
- For tearing, grinding and chewing food.
- Helps to keep a pleasant appearance of face.
- Helps in pronunciation and articulation of speech.
Children have 20 primary teeth.
Adults have 32 permanent teeth.